FDS is a freeware driver update tool that scouts for outdated drivers in your computers. It has got an extensive database of over a million devices to scout. It comes with features that one would not expect to find in a free version. User interface was self-explanatory and friendly for use even by computer noobs.
- Performs bulk downloads of drivers
- Can perform a pre-set scheduled scan on a daily, weekly or monthly basis
- Indicates the file size of the drivers to download
- A migration tool for OS (enables to obtain device drivers meant for a different Windows version)
- Possible to roll back installation using the backup and restore feature
- Easy installation of the program
- Can perform both manual as well as pre-set scans
- Downloads updates in bulk
- Scan exclusion feature
- Fails to detects a lot of outdated drivers
- Initiates installation of unrelated programs amid an installation
- Requires closing of all other programs to perform updates
Tips. Pay attention during installation to turn down any installation of unrelated programs.
Verdict. The ability to download drivers for different OS – but only if it was not for its shortcoming when it comes to detecting outdated drivers. Another issue we find as a turnoff is the program’s attempt to try and install unrelated issues in a sneaky manner.