tricks in WhatsApp
With the spread of smartphones, especially Android phones, the use of social networking sites and messaging apps has also increased. WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps for smart devices. Although we may all be using this popular app on a daily basis, there are always features and tricks in this type of app that we are unaware of. Of course, the more you are aware of the features and tricks, the easier it will be for you to use the advanced features of WhatsApp.
WhatsApp usually provides features such as group chat, video calling, two-way chat, file sharing, and more. But due to some limitations of all these services, we use tricks to get the best results from this application.
In this article, you will get acquainted with some of the best features and obvious and hidden tricks in the heart of WhatsApp Messenger , which have been prepared in three separate sections.
6. Hide WhatsApp profile picture
WhatsApp has increased security capabilities in its new versions. Sometimes circumstances require you to talk to others without displaying your profile picture. This feature has been added to the new version of WhatsApp . Follow these steps to hide your profile picture:
- Open Whatsapp Messenger on your phone and go to Settings.
- Here you see an option called privacy.
- Tap the privacy option to see the privacy options in WhatsApp .
- Find the Profile Picture option and select one of all the options, My contact list, or none.
7. Lock WhatsApp account
Another security feature needed for WhatsApp Messenger is to lock your account to increase the security of your messages and information. Sometimes you give your mobile phone to your friends and relatives. In such cases, to prevent them from using your WhatsApp account, you must lock it with a password. Follow these steps to do this:
- Download and install the Messenger and Chat lock application from the Google Play Store .
- Now you can lock different media messages including WhatsApp at specific intervals and with separate passwords.
8. Recover deleted messages in WhatsApp
It must have happened to you that you accidentally deleted your WhatsApp messages and now you are looking for a way to restore these messages. WhatsApp allows you to back up all your messages in the phone memory, so you can restore your old messages. Follow these steps to do this:
- Uninstall the Whatsapp application from the phone and reinstall it after a while.
- During installation you will be asked if you want to recover your history and data? At this point, click Ok.
- After reinstalling WhatsApp, all your messages will be restored.
9. Change WhatsApp number by deleting the account
You can change the WhatsApp number linked to your account. Users usually delete and reinstall their WhatsApp account once to change their number . But this method is not correct and fast. WhatsApp provides features so that you can change your number in just a few steps.
Go to settings >> Account >> Change Number. Here you have to enter your old phone number first and then your new phone number.
10. Disable the blue tick of the last visit in WhatsApp
The ability to display the last visit is a good feature that tells your friends what date and time you last used WhatsApp . But sometimes you need to let no one know when you last visited WhatsApp , and you want to use this messenger with the lights off. In such cases, you must disable this feature. We used to have to use a third-party application to do this. But now WhatsApp has made this possible internally.
- Open the Whatsapp application on the phone.
- Go to settings and open the Account section.
- Now look for the privacy option and click on Last Seen.
- Now select one of all the options, my contact list or no one.