If you are on a weight loss program , you may never seek to increase your appetite , but for loved ones who are not appetizing enough and want their cravings to be normal, here are some practical tips:
Enjoy your meal time:
Eating can be a very enjoyable experience. When you make your eating environment fun and entertaining, your appetite will increase. Light some candles, play soft music, or watch your favorite movie while you eat. Avoid stressful discussions at the table, especially if your lack of appetite is due to anxiety.
Try some gentle exercises to stimulate your appetite. Your body is designed to have a greater appetite for food after burning calories . So you always have more of an appetite after a workout.
- You don’t have to go to the gym and use its strenuous training to enjoy the benefits of a workout. Even a brisk walk in the fresh air can whet your appetite.
- If you are underweight, you should avoid strenuous exercises. Postpone such exercises until you gain weight.
Drink plenty of fluids:
You should drink 6 to 8 glasses of water daily. Drinking a glass of water an hour and an hour before a meal can aid digestion. However, it is best to avoid consuming large amounts of water before meals as it reduces your appetite.
- Some herbal teas have been used traditionally to increase appetite. Some of these types are mint, fennel, and licorice. Try to drink one or two cups of this tea daily to increase your fluid intake and increase your appetite.
Do you have a nutritional note:
Writing down the foods you eat is a great way to diagnose and understand food-related problems. Then you can fight these problems. On a daily basis, write when you feel hungry or what foods you like the most.
This method is the best way to determine the right time and food to eat so that you can increase your appetite.
- You should also write down the foods and scents that satisfy your appetite. So you can avoid consuming it.
Avoid Eating Alone:
It will be very difficult to eat when you are alone. In such cases, people usually prefer not to eat anything. Eat your meals with family and invite friends to share.
- If you cannot dine with friends and family, try joining clubs where everyone eats together.
Use large plates:
Using large plates to increase appetite is a psychological trick that can trick your mind.
In this case, your brain thinks that you are eating a small amount of food (as opposed to serving and serving). You can also use color plates (for delicious dishes). Decorating food is also a great trick to increase appetite.
Get help from a medical professional:
If the loss of appetite persists , it is better to consult a specialist. If your doctor feels that your appetite is having a negative effect on your overall health, he may prescribe medications such as Magstrol or Cyproheptadine tablets to restore your lost appetite.
Important points about decreased appetite:
- Loss of appetite may be a sign of depression. In such cases, it is better to consult a specialist. Ask yourself questions: Have I lost my appetite and desire to eat? Is this change in appetite accompanied by other conditions?
- Loss of appetite may also be caused by stress. Finding ways to reduce stress can be helpful.
- Fill your surroundings with good scent.
- Eating a healthy, high-calorie dessert can also be effective, you can use bananas or pineapples.
- To increase your appetite as quickly as possible, eat some mint gum and chew it for 30 minutes.
- Rapid weight gain can be harmful to your health. Try to gain weight steadily and slowly. Use healthy ingredients.
- Always consult a professional before starting a new diet.