Suppose you may have information throughout a time interval to symbolize graphically, confiding every information level to an outlined interval. For instance, you may need to current buyer survey outcomes of a product from completely different areas. Band chart is appropriate for this function.
What’s Band Chart?
A Band chart is a Line chart with added shaded areas to show the higher and decrease boundaries of the outlined information ranges. The shaded areas are the Bands.
Band chart can also be known as Vary chart, Excessive-Low Line chart or Hall chart.
Benefits of Band Charts
Band chart is used within the following eventualities −
- Monitoring a metric inside customary outlined bands.
- Revenue % for every of the areas (represented by Line chart) and bands with outlined intervals within the vary 0% – 100%.
- Efficiency measurements of an worker or firm responses to shopper’s complaints.
- Monitoring Service Tickets- Responded service tickets as line and the throughput time as bands.
Preparation of Knowledge
You could put together the info that can be utilized to create a Band chart from the given enter information.
Step 1 − Think about the next information that you’ve from the client survey for 2 areas – East and West throughout the monetary 12 months April – March.
Suppose you need to examine this information throughout three intervals −
- Low (<50%).
- Medium (50% – 80%).
- Excessive (>80%).
Step 2 − Add three columns to the above desk as proven beneath.
As you may observe, the values within the column Low are 50%, denoting the band 0% – 50% and the values within the column Medium are 30%, denoting the bandwidth of Medium above the band Low. Equally the values within the column Excessive are 20%, denoting the band width of Excessive above the band Low.
Use this information to create a Band chart.
Making a Band Chart
Observe the steps given beneath to create a Band chart −
Step 1 − Choose the info within the above desk.
Step 2 − Insert a Combo chart.
Step 3 − Click on on Change Chart Sort. Change the chart varieties for the info collection as follows −
- Line with Markers for East collection and West collection.
- Stacked Column for the collection – Low, Medium and Excessive.
Your chart appears to be like as proven beneath.
Step 4 − Click on one of many Columns.
Step 5 − Change Hole Width to 0% within the Format Knowledge Collection pane.
You’re going to get Bands as a substitute of Columns.
Step 6 − Make the chart interesting −
- Add Chart Title.
- Regulate Vertical Axis vary.
- Change the colours of the bands to Inexperienced-Yellow-Purple.
- Add Knowledge Labels to bands.
The result’s a Band chart with outlined boundaries depicted by bands. The survey outcomes are represented throughout the bands. One can rapidly and clearly make out from the chart whether or not the survey outcomes are passable or they want consideration.
Your Band chart is prepared.