Audacity is an audio file editor and audio recording software used to process a variety of audio formats, including podcasts. This software, which is open source and compatible with various platforms, has several plugins to add effects and analyze audio files. You can use this software to record audio directly or cut and mix sounds. The interface of this program is very simple and user-friendly and provides you with all the tools in a comprehensive menu.
Audacity allows you to import, save output, and process WAV, MP3, FLAC, AIFF, AU, and OGG formats, and has a set of plug-ins and effects to help with the audio recording, mixing, And sound spectrum analysis. The software can record multiple channels simultaneously at high sampling rates from a microphone, USB, or firewall device , and can easily delete, cut, copy, and paste. Audacity has a rich list of different effects that include noise processing, tuning, bass, and sound amplification.
Features of Audacity:
- Audio file editor and audio recording
- Processing a variety of audio formats
- Cut and mix sound
- Add effects and analyze audio files
- Supports WAV, MP3, FLAC, AIFF, AU and OGG formats
- Mix tracks and analyze sound spectra
- Simultaneous recording of multiple channels at high sampling rates
- Noise effects, tuning, bass, and sound amplification
OS: All Windows
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.0GHz / AMD Athlon XP 2000+
Graphics: AMD Radeon X1270 or NVIDIA GeForce 7050.
System Memory: 4 GB RAM.
Storage: 20 MB Hard drive space.
This software is free and has no time or structure restrictions.