Caliber is a free and open source e-book management software designed by a group of e-book audiences and enthusiasts to develop and make available to the reading community a new reading experience. The program runs on a variety of platforms. It allows users to have a regular collection of e-books, supports various formats (including Kindle Mobi and Nook EPUB) and also has the ability to convert e-book formats to each other. The program entered the field of reading programs in 2006 under the name of libprs500 and with basic capabilities, in 2008 the name of the program was changed to Caliber and now it is one of the best reading software used by the public.
Features and characteristics of the Caliber program:
- Effective management of e-books
- Ability to sort books by title, author, date of publication and…
- Book tagging support to improve the book search process
- Ability to convert a wide range of e-book formats to each other
- Powerful format conversion engine, for example, the ability to recognize chapters and different parts of the document, the ability to add metadata to the book
- Ability to download news from three thousand news agencies (expandable) and convert them to e-books (this is possible as a plugin that can be expanded in applications)
- Ability to open a variety of books in any format
- Full support for content, bookmarks, CSS, reference mode, print, search, copy and customize rendering engine with style sheets and embeded fonts
- Ability to store and access books on caliber servers and read books anywhere in the world by browser, mobile, Kindle and…
- Ability to edit popular e-book formats such as EPUB, AZW3 and the ability to view changes live with automatic detection and correction of common errors in the structure of the book
Windows 7 / 8.1 / 10
This software is free and does not require a registry.