Suppose, you have one of the best products or services that you are offering on an attractive prices. But the question is – “How would I come to know about your quality products?
Campaign and promotions are the activities and technique that make your product popular among the customers.
What is a Campaign?
Campaign is a focused term that promotes targeted products/services for a short period of time. It uses various medium for communication such as pamphlets, banners, roadside stalls, events, etc.
Objectives of a Campaign
Campaign has some specific objectives, significant of them are −
- To tell people — about the launch of a new product/service.
- To tell people — where it is available.
- To tell people — at what price it is available.
- To tell people — from when and how long it would be available.
- To tell people — what are the special features of concerned product/service.
What is an Effective Campaign?
The campaign for which positive response starts coming in just after a short period of time is known as an effective campaign. To make your campaign, the most effective and result oriented, you must focus on the following aspects −
- Who − Represents the target audiences or target markets
- Where − Represents the geographical locations of your target audiences and what media vehicles you are required to reach there.
- What − Represents what messages need to be given to your target audiences.
- Why − Represents the objectives of your campaign.
- When − Represents the time schedule (availability of the product).
- How − Last, but not the least, you need to plan, how you will deploy the available resources to run your business.
Planning a Campaign
Planning is the most necessary aspect of your campaign. There are a series of steps starting from the creation to execution; therefore, each step has to be defined adequately.
Planning doesn’t include only the creation, budget appropriation, and execution part, but rather it also includes the aftermath stage. Once a campaign is executed, you need to get feedback on the same. An appropriate feedback evaluation is a very good way to know the maximum Return on Investment (ROI). It is also a lesson for the next campaign.
Advertisement campaign is a process, which involves following steps −
Check Your Progress
- What is campaign?
- How is a campaign beneficial for the products/services promotion?
- What do you understand by ‘an effective campaign?’
- What are the steps of campaign process?