Filters are used to restrict the info that you really want in your report. You possibly can apply a number of filters in a Cognos report and the report returns the info that meet the filter situations. You possibly can create numerous customized filters in a report as per the requirement.
- Choose the column to filter by.
- Click on the drop down record from the Filter button.
- Select Create Customized Filter.
- The Filter Situation dialog shows.
Within the subsequent window, outline the filter’s parameters.
- Situation − click on the record arrow to see your decisions (Present or Don’t present the next values).
- Values − click on the record arrow to see your decisions.
- Key phrases − means that you can seek for particular values inside the values record.
- Values Record − reveals the sphere values which you should use as filter values. You possibly can choose one or many. Use the arrow button so as to add a number of values.
Choose a price and click on the fitting pointing arrow to maneuver the worth into the chosen column. You should use the Ctrl key so as to add a number of values at tone time. Click on OK when the filter is outlined.
Word − You possibly can view filters within the Question Explorer web page and never the web page explorer. You possibly can go to the question explorer and look at the filters.
Deleting a Filter
A filter could be deleted through the use of the next steps −
- Go to the Question Explorer as proven within the above screenshot
- Click on on Question and Find the Element Filters pane within the higher proper facet of the window as proven in above screenshot
- Choose the filter that you simply need to delete and press the delete button
- You can too reduce/copy a filter