connect two pairs of AirPads to an iPhone or iPad
If you want to listen to an audio file using two Airpods at the same time, you must first learn how to connect two pairs of AirPods to an iPhone or iPad.
If you are planning to connect two pairs of AirPads to an iPhone or iPad, or you want to temporarily connect another pair of AirPads or Bates headphones to your iPhone and share an audio file, read on.
Whether you want to watch a TV show on Apple TV or Netflix or listen to a playlist on Apple Music or Spotify, here we teach you how to put two pairs of AirPads on an iPhone or Connect your iPad and share an audio file.
If you want to connect two AirPads or Bates headphones to an iPhone or iPad, you must first make sure that the two pairs of headphones are compatible with your Apple device. Compatible with iPhone, iPad or iPod are iPhone 8 and later, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (second generation) and later, iPad Pro 11-inch, iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Air (third-generation), iPad mini (Fifth generation), iPad (fifth generation) onwards and iPod touch (seventh generation).
Compatible headphone models include AirPads Max, AirPads Pro, AirPads (first generation) and later, PowerBits, Solo Pro headphones, PowerBits Pro, Wireless PowerBits 3, Wireless Headphones Bates Solo 3, Wireless Headphones Bates Studio 3, Beats X and Beats.
How to connect two pairs of AirPads to an iPhone or iPad
In order to connect another pair of AirPads to your iPhone or iPad, you will need to follow the same steps as you did to connect and set up your first AirPads to your phone.
- Go to the home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Take the AirPads and AirPads Pro out of the charging case or the AirPads Max out of the smart case and hold them next to your phone for 60 seconds.
- The startup animation will appear.
- Tap Connect.
- Read the page and follow the instructions.
- Tap Done.
- Any device connected to a similar iCloud account can see the automatic launch of AirPads.
- If you enter the Bluetooth settings on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, you will see both pairs of AirPads in the Bluetooth list.
How to share music with AirPads and Bates headphones
Follow the Chi instructions to share the audio file with your AirPads or Bates headphones.
- Connect your AirPads, AirPads Pro, AirPads Max or Bates headphones to your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the AirPlay icon (the triangle above which is a circle). To find this icon, you can go to the control center of your iPhone or iPad. You can also see this icon when the screen is locked or in the app you played music with.
- Then tap reShare Audio..
- If the other headphones with which you share an audio file or music are AirPads or AirPads Pro, you need to bring them closer to your iPhone or iPad and open the lead. You may need to press and hold the button on the back of the case.
- If your other headphone is the AirPads Max, hold it close to your phone or iPad.
- But if you have Bates headphones, you have to set it to pairing mode and keep it close to your device.
- Tap Share Audio when the headphone name appears in the box that appears on the screen of your iPhone or iPad. In this section, other options such as Temporarily Share Audio and Connect to iPhone can be seen.
After learning how to connect two pairs of AirPads to an iPhone or iPad, we also looked at how to share an audio file with headphones. Now in this section, after sharing the audio file, we will explain how to control the volume.
How to control the volume after sharing an audio file
When you share an audio or music file between two pairs of AirPads or Bates headphones, you can control and direct each one separately. In other words, you can change the volume or play that audio file separately using the screen lock controls or the control center separately.
You can also control the volume by touching the AirPlay icon in the application with which you played the music or audio file. If you press and hold the volume in the center slider control, the volume control of both headphones will appear as large vertical bars on the screen.
To control the volume of the headphones, you must pull the volume slider of each headphone or use the headphones themselves. For example, in AirPads Max you have to rotate the digital crown. If you use one of these methods to increase or decrease the volume, only those specific headphones will be affected by your change.
You can also slide the volume down slider to control the volume on both headphones.
How to stop audio file sharing
To stop sharing audio on the second headphone, simply tap the AirPlay icon in the control center of your iPhone or iPad, or when the screen is locked or in the application with which you played the audio file. Then uncheck the headphones where you want to cut off audio file sharing. By doing this, you can easily disconnect one of the two pairs of AirPads between which the audio file is shared.