COUGH TREATMENT 5 NATURAL OILS
Research has shown that using a nasal spray containing a mixture of quinoa plants and mint, catnip, and rosemary can improve the symptomes.
There are many causes of cough, including colds, flu, and chest infection.
Essential oils may help to soothe the throat, reducing inflammation, eliminating phlegm, and ultimately reducing or improving cough.
The medical community tends to view essential oil as an alternative and complementary treatment instead of medical treatment . So you must use these essential oils with caution as there are no approved instructions regarding their dosage, strength, or efficacy.
However, there are guidelines that, if followed by a person with a sore throat, may improve their symptoms.
TREATMENT WITH 5 NATURAL OILS
EUCALYPTUS OIL OR Cinnamomum camphora OIL
Many people may use this oil without knowing its benefits. Incense or over-the-counter chest ointments that help suppress a cough often contain eucalyptus eucalyptus oil or its main components, or eucalyptol or cineole.
A study published in the Journal of Alternative Medicine showed that eucalyptol has a very strong antimicrobial effect and may fight disease-causing bacteria. In addition, eucalyptol may reduce inflammation, pain, and muscle tension caused by the common cold or the flu.
Eucalyptus essential oil can be used in several ways to relieve. You can use one of the following methods:
- Add a few drops of eucalyptus oil to 30 grams of carrier oil and apply the mixture to your chest and throat.
- Pour eucalyptus oil into boiling water and use the diluted solution as incense.
- Buy eucalyptus chest ointment which is an ointment available for sale.
* Carrier oil (which are oils that are used alongside essential oils to cover a larger area of your body with essential oils without the need to use a large amount of them, so when you use a carrier oil, you reduce the chances of causing any negative reactions on the skin and follow the safety instructions for the use of essential oils .)
Rosemary is a common plant that grows in any garden and contains, like eucalyptus, cineole.
A study published in the journal Cough found that the cinnamon in rosemary oil may help clear mucus and reduce sore throats.
Warning: Rosemary oil should not be used on children or pregnant women
Usually, natural remedies for respiratory problems also contain this oil.Menthol is a mint extract that when inhaled creates a cooling sensation in the throat and helps reduce and treat sore throats, thus reducing coughing.
A 2013 study found that when a healthy person uses peppermint oil, it can help calm the windpipe and airways, so this study explains why this oil can improve breathing in people with this disease. Peppermint essential oil can be used in the following ways.
- Dilute peppermint essential oil with boiling water and inhale the steam
- Add oil to the steam diffuser
- Use it with topical oils as an ointment
Note that peppermint essential oil is not recommended for children under 8 years old or pregnant women.
OREGANO OIL (WILD MARJORAM)
Oregano essential oil contains a high level of a powerful compound called carvacrol.
The authors of a 2014 study found carvacrol to be a beneficial antimicrobial agent that can fight many types of germs. Therefore, this oil can help treat viral or bacterial symptoms of a cough and reduce or cure it.
Thyme essential oil also contains high levels of carvacrol. This essential oil may be useful in protecting against viruses and bacteria