Deleting an Apple ID without a password and when you forget the password on your iPad, iPhone or even iPod Touch can help you to use your device again without flashing.
It must have occurred to all of us to forget the password of our mobile or tablet, especially when we have just changed it. Sometimes, with the purchase of a second-hand phone and not completely clearing the previous owner’s information, the previous Apple ID remains on the device and not knowing its password can be problematic. On iDevices, if we forget the password, we can still redefine the device’s password by entering the Apple ID password, email or text again, but it becomes more difficult if we forget these passwords as well. In the following, we are going to teach you a way to learn how to delete Apple ID without password from iPad or iPhone and you can restore your device to normal.
We will first introduce the methods that you can use to log out of your Apple account by entering your Apple ID password. So for the first and second methods you will need to know your Apple ID password.
What happens if we delete the Apple ID?
Under some circumstances we will have to remove the Apple ID from the device. But before that, we need to know what happens to this and what will happen to the device files:
- Photos, videos, and other documents stored on iCloud or the device itself will be permanently deleted.
- You can no longer use services such as iCloud, iTunes, FaceTime and other services that require Apple ID to work. The Apple Cash service will also be down, so it’s a good idea to make your tax transfers before deleting your Apple ID without a password.
- All App Store, Apple Books, and iTunes purchases will be permanently deleted, and purchased subscriptions will be automatically canceled upon expiration.
- If you participate in the iPhone Upgrade Program and have purchased your new iPhone with the same program, you still have to pay the installments of the new phone.
- All appointments you make to Apple Stores will be automatically canceled.
Method one: Find My iPhone is off
In the first method, the Find My iPhone device must be turned off. Otherwise, you can not delete the Apple ID from your mobile phone or tablet without knowing its password, and it is better to go to the next methods.
Remove Apple ID using iTunes
Using iTunes, you can easily and simply delete your iPad’s iPad ID. Before doing these steps, be aware of the consequences of deleting Apple ID from your device.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac with iTunes.
- Open Apple and select the device.
- After selecting the device, click on “Account” at the top toolbar and then select “View My Account”.
- When you open this section, all the devices that work with this Apple ID are displayed. Click “Manage my devices” to delete or view accounts from the device.
- Now by clicking on the “remove” option, you can easily disconnect the connection between the iDevices and the Apple ID. If it is not possible to disconnect this, it is probably because you forgot your Apple ID password and you just need to log out of your Apple account. After 90 days, log in to iTunes with your new Apple ID and connect your other devices to it.
Remove Apple ID from device settings
Deleting an Apple ID account by going to iPhone or iPad settings will be much easier than working with iTunes, especially if you remember the password. This process is similar to logging out of a social networking account, and you can remove the Apple ID from your device by following the steps below. Before doing this, make sure your data is backed up.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap your email and go to “iTunes and App store”.
- Tap your Apple ID.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list to reach the “Remove This Device” option. Touching this option will immediately log out of your Apple ID account. By deleting the device, you will be shown a notification to log in with the new Apple ID.
Method 2: Delete the Apple ID if the previous owner knows the password
If you bought your iPad or iPhone second-hand from someone and the previous owner forgot to log out, it may restrict you from using the device. You can remove your Apple ID from your device by contacting the previous owner and advising them to do the following:
- Activate the Find My iPhone feature and go to the iCloud section.
- Devices connected to this Apple ID are displayed.
- The user can log out of the account by clicking on the devices and “Erase iPad”. Security questions or security code may be sent to devices owned by the previous owner, which will log out of the account and allow you to use your iPad as a new product.
You should know that touching the “Erase iPad” option will repeat the same things that happen when deleting an Apple ID on a device. If the previous owner forgot their login information, it will not be possible to activate “Find My” and it will be almost impossible to delete Apple ID this way. Thus, the previous owner must reset his account so that he can control its features again.
Method 3: Three steps to remove Apple ID without password from iPad using LockWiper
So far, we’ve covered all the ways you can remove Apple ID from your device by knowing your password. But if you do not have login information, your work will be a little difficult. The good news is that even if you forgot your previous owner or password, you can still remove the passwordless Apple ID from your iPad using the iMyFone LockWiper app .
LockWiper is an app for bypassing the Apple ID or device lock that helps you work with your iDevice again with its simple structure and fast functionality. The program is easily downloadable from the manufacturer’s website and supports both Windows and Mac operating systems. After downloading and installing this program, you can return to your iPad by following the steps below.
Step 1: Connect the device to the computer and create an account.
You will be asked to create an account by running the LockWiper app. Creating an account is free and requires only one email address. After creating the account, connect the device to the computer with a USB cable and wait for the device to be identified. Unlock your iPad and tap on “Trust this device”. Otherwise the computer will not be allowed to do anything.
Step 2: Remove Apple ID
As mentioned above, LockWiper does more than just unlock Apple ID. Clicking “remove Apple ID” and selecting “Start Unlocking” will begin the process of deleting Apple ID without a password.
Step 3: Successful unlocking
If the “Find My” feature of the device is disabled, the process of deleting your Apple ID will be done in a short time. But if this feature is enabled, you will need to take a few more steps to get rid of your previous Apple ID.
In the settings section, go to the “Reset all settings” section and reset all settings. Then go back to LockWiper and continue the unlock process. Your iPad will be ready to connect to the new Apple ID shortly.
- Keep in mind that using LockWiper may completely erase device information such as photos and videos, files and other important information. Therefore, before taking any action, you should back up all your information.
- Deleting an Apple ID without a password will cancel all subscriptions and apps purchased from the App Store and iTunes. That way, you can no longer use LockWiper because it’s your Apple ID information, not the iPad itself.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I have two Apple ID accounts on one iPad?
Yes, you can have multiple Apple ID accounts, but you can sign in to and use the device with just one.
- Can Apple remove the Apple ID activation lock?
Yes. Apple can help you reset your password after being identified by security questions or other methods. By remembering the password, you can easily delete your Apple ID account from the device.
- Can I delete iPhone data without Apple ID?
Yes, why not. Thanks to the iMyFone LockWiper app, you can delete data on your iPhone without an Apple ID or password. The instructions and how to do it are described in detail above.
- How do I remove an old email address from my Apple ID?
This will be possible using iTunes. To do this, you will need to create a new email and update your information and register a new email by going to the “preferences” section.
- Can I use my deleted Apple ID again?
Unfortunately no. Apple will not allow you to reuse deleted Apple IDs, and you must create a new Apple ID to be able to use Apple Services again.