Driver Doctor presents an easy to use interface which can be credited to the fact that there is not much packed into the software. The program focuses on scanning for outdated, broken and missing drivers. Its database continues to grow and upon using the software, you will be required to keep on updating the software.
- Scans the computer from an external hard drive
- Supports Windows XP and later versions
- No installation is required to scan for out of date drivers
- Friendly interface
- Obtain drivers from its database
- Can be scheduled to scan for drivers
- Super light and easy to set up/use
- You have to sign up and pay to unlock full functionality
- Takes time to begin downloading drivers
- Limited to only 1 driver per day download
Tips. Since Driver Doctor lets you download one driver per day, it is best to use it as a backup driver updating tool just in case the computer cannot automatically update drivers due to some problem by storing it in a flash drive.
Verdict. Driver Doctor gave us mixed feelings but the major turn off were ads and just 1 driver per day download restriction. Otherwise, it is a great software for updating drivers which have got an extra portable version that does not require an installation.