DriverMax free driver updater version is outstanding compared to other apps as it performs automated installations. It also can be pre-set to execute scheduled scans. The features we found in this driver updating software were impressive for a free version.
With that said, the major turnoff is in the limited number of drivers that the user is allowed to download per day or month. The limitation is so extreme such that only 2 drivers can be downloaded per day.
- Compatible to recent Windows versions
- Automatically scans and detect device drivers that need update or issues fixed
- Performs scheduled scans
- Lists all drivers with issues and without issues
- Can back up your system drivers prior to installing updates
- Install drivers automatically
- Drivers are downloaded via the application
- Detects and display hardware devices unknown
- Automatic scheduler of driver updates
- No actual updates in free version, only scan
- Restrict the user to only 10 driver downloads per month
- Cannot perform a bulk download of drivers
Tips. If you download 2 drivers per day for the next 5 days, you will not be able to execute any downloads for that particular month as you would have reached the maximum number of allocated monthly downloads.
Verdict. A system runs on many drivers as it has a lot of devices to communicate for smooth operation. Although DriverMax has cool impressive features, the limitation is too extreme to keep your PC in good shape.
However, with most of free driver updater software yet unable to keep users away from digging driver links, DriverMax does it all with a single click. The limitations inflicted can be pushed to the side if you perform a full system update before installing DriverMax. This will allow you to spread incoming updates over a long period.