Check these before you start troubleshooting Bluetooth on your device
Check your system information
If you are launching a new device and Bluetooth is down,
Check the system specifications to make sure it has Bluetooth capability. Some devices do not have Bluetooth.
Make sure Bluetooth is turned on
If you are using a laptop with a physical Bluetooth switch on the body, make sure it is turned on.
In Windows 10, there are two ways to check if Bluetooth is turned on.
- Check in the taskbar. Select action center If you do not see Bluetooth,
- Then select Bluetooth to turn it on.
- If your Windows 10 device is not paired with any Bluetooth accessory, you will see “is not paired”
- Enter the settings. Start to select, then Settings to select the > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices to make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
- The following message appears immediately when you turn on Bluetooth in the settings:
- “Now detectable as < computer_name> ”
Check your Bluetooth device
Make sure the device is turned on, has a fresh charge or battery
Is in the range of the computer you want to connect to. Then, try the following
Turn off your Bluetooth device, wait a few seconds, and then turn it on again.
- Make sure your Bluetooth device is within range. If your Bluetooth device is not responsive
- Check that it is not too close to another USB device connected to the USB 3.0 port.
- Unprotected USB devices can sometimes interfere with Bluetooth communication.
Check your PC
On the computer you want to pair with:
Make sure Airplane Mode is turned off: Start to choose you ,
The settings chosen not > Network and Internet > Airplane mode . Make sure the airplane mode is off.
Turn on and off Bluetooth: start to pick you ,
The settings Select the > device> Bluetooth and other devices . Turn off Bluetooth , wait a few seconds, and then turn it on again.
When Bluetooth does not work or the Bluetooth icon is missing
Fix Bluetooth connection problem in Windows 10
If your Bluetooth is not working, try these steps. Here are some other common problems:
- Bluetooth icon is not available or Bluetooth is not on or off.
- Bluetooth does not work after installing the Windows 10 update.
- Bluetooth will not work after upgrading from Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 to Windows 10.
- Bluetooth is not shown in the device manager and there are no unknown devices in this list.
To get started, select a title to see more information.
Bluetooth driver update
In the search box in the taskbar, Device Manager to search for and then the Device Manager from the results list to choose from.
In Device Manager, select Bluetooth and then select the name of the Bluetooth adapter, which may contain the word “radio”.
Press and hold (or right-click) the Bluetooth adapter,
Then select Update driver > Search automatically for updated driver software . Follow the steps, then select Close .
Remove and reinstall Bluetooth in devive manager
If you do not see the Bluetooth icon, but Bluetooth is displayed in the device manager,
Try uninstalling the Bluetooth adapter and reinstalling automatically. How to work:
In Device Manager, select Bluetooth .
Press and hold the name of the Bluetooth adapter (which may contain the word “radio”)
(Or right-click), and select Uninstall Device .
Then restart the system.
You should also check your device manufacturer’s website,
Especially if you have other Bluetooth devices that work.
The device manufacturer probably has more detailed product-specific information and troubleshooting steps.