FLOW-3D is one of the products Engineering It is important to simulate the computational fluid dynamics of bodies with multi-body physics provided by FLOW SCIENCE. This product has high power and precision, and its global distribution began in 1985, and until now, various versions of it have been offered to the engineering community. FLOW-3D provides detailed engineering insight into the multi-physics fluid process.
Solutions for thermal energy transfer, 6 times more freedom in the interactions of fluids and surfaces, and analysis of mechanical and thermal stress tests are among the prominent features of this software. These capabilities, along with the advanced TruVOF algorithm for tracking fluids with free surfaces, have made FLOW-3D the ideal simulation software for research, design and improvement of production processes in related industries.
FLOW-3D is a comprehensive software package for installation, simulation and post-processing of products. No additional modules are needed for this. At the same time, the meshes are advanced and powerful, they are easy to implement, so that the simplicity of the Cartesian structure offers engineers the implementation of complex geometric objects along with high computational efficiency. Using FlowSight, which is a competent implementation for post-processing processes at global levels, data visualization and advanced information analysis is possible, and it is possible to produce understandable results with the possibility of transparent presentation between colleagues and customers.
System requirements of FLOW-3D software
Flow Science supports FLOW-3D on 64-bit Windows and Linux platforms.
Supported Operating Systems for FLOW-3D
- 64-bit Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2012
- 64-bit Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and SUSE 11*
*Starting with FLOW-3D version 11.0.3, SUSE Linux is no longer a supported platform.
Support for users who have installed FLOW-3D on “compatible” Linux distributions (such as Fedora, Scientific Linux, Debian, Ubuntu) will only be provided when a problem can be reproduced on Flow Science’s RedHat and Novell enterprise-class Linux distributions.
For those interested in running the distributed-memory version of FLOW-3Dyou can find more information about hardware and operating systems on the FLOW-3D/MP Supported Platforms page.
FLOW-3D requires modern graphics cards with up-to-date OpenGL drivers to perform satisfactorily. At least OpenGL 3.0 support is recommended.
FlowSight works best with graphics cards supporting DirectX 11 or newer. Recommended options are nVidia’s Quadro K series and AMD’s FirePro W series. nVidia’s GTX gaming hardware works with some limitations, such as slow or incorrect functioning of volume rendering.
Integrated graphics such as those commonly found in laptops may be adequate, but discrete graphics capabilities are strongly recommended. At least 512 MB of graphics memory is recommended.
License Server Software
FLOW-3D uses FLEXlm for license management. If you choose to use the FLEXlm floating manager on a Windows network, your network server must be running Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1, Server 2008, or Server 2012 and you must use a hardware key (dongle).
Memory and Processor Speed
A minimum of 2GB of RAM is recommended per processor core. For example, a workstation with two 6-core CPUs should have at least 24 gigabytes of memory. Note however that the amount of RAM required is highly problem dependent. For simulations with large domains, or with complex geometry requiring fine resolution, significantly more RAM than the required minimum will be necessary. Memory speed has a small effect on simulation time and typically 1333 or 1600 MHz memory is adequate.
Simulation time on Windows and Linux is comparable. Users may choose whichever operating system they prefer.
Users who wish to customize any of the subroutines that Flow Science distributes as part of the standard installation will need a license for the Intel Fortran Compiler 2013. Users running Windows operating system will also need Visual Studio 2010.
Images of FLOW-3D software
FLOW-3D software installation guide
– Before starting to install the software, uninstall the previous versions and delete the flow3d and SolidSQUAD_License_Servers folders from the drive where the software is installed.
– Extract the SSQ_UniversalLicenseServer_Core_20170718.7z zip file and copy the SolidSQUAD_License_Servers folder to the desired drive.
– Extract the compressed file SSQ_UniversalLicenseServer_Module_FlowScience_20170718.7z and replace the previous folder with the Vendors folder at x:SolidSQUAD_License_Servers. (x = the driver you copied the SolidSQUAD_License_Servers folder to.)
– Run the uninstall.bat file as Run as Administrator and wait a little until the message All done! Enjoy! to appear Then close the file by clicking the cross button.
– Run the install_or_update.bat file as Run as Administrator and wait for a while until the license server installation process is completed.
– Now run the FLOW-3D_v11.2_Update2_DownLoadLy.iR.exe installation file and complete the software installation steps. Uncheck the Install License Server option during the installation process and prevent it from installing.
– During the installation, you will be asked for an address for the license server. Enter localhost in the existing field and then click Next.
– After completing the software installation, do not run the software under any circumstances do not do.
– Extract the FLOW.SCIENCE.FLOW-3D.v11.2u2.WIN64-SSQ.7z zip file and replace the contents of the v11.2 folder at x:flow3dv11.2.
– Now you can run the software.
– The first run may take some time, so be patient.
Download Flow Science FLOW-3D_11.2 Update 2 x64
Download Flow Science FLOW-3D_11.2 Update 2 Linux64
Download Flow Science FLOW-3D 11.0.4
file password link
Follow On facebook
Follow On Pinterest
Visit Our Blog
Windows version: 455 MB
Linux version: 588 MB
Last Updated on July 8, 2023 by admin