In the fall, put the chestnut in your diet. The advice comes from nutritionist Cláudia Maranhoto.
The chestnut is a starchy dry fruit, with more starch (a type of carbohydrate) and less water than fresh fruit, and with much less fat than dried fruits (oilseeds).
Because it is rich in carbohydrates, it is associated with weight gain and is often avoided for fear that it is a highly caloric food.
However, it can and should be included in its season, because it has several benefits, in particular its fiber content, vitamin B6, potassium and folic acid. And as it is very satiating, it can even help, exactly for those who are in a weight loss process, as long as consumed with the proper moderation.
How can we include it?
As a carbohydrate in the dish, replacing rice or potatoes, for example.
As a snack, half a dozen chestnuts roasted or cooked together with a tea, will make a very satisfying snack. Or in the soup instead of the potato, in small quantities, it will make your soup different, creamy and very tasty.
The chestnut is a good food, natural and delicious, and as its season is so short, you should take advantage of this little wonder that autumn brings. A dozen chestnuts is not an excessive amount and it will taste good.
Avoid processed or packaged versions.
Chestnut soup with shimeji mushroom and spinach. Ingredients for 4/5 people:
– 200g chestnuts
– 1 courgette
– 100g of pumpkin butter
– 150g shimeji mushrooms
– 1 onion
– 2 garlic cloves
– 200g of spinach
– Salt to taste
How to prepare?
– Bake or bake the chestnuts and peel.
– Peel the pumpkin, onion and courgette and cut into pieces. Peel the garlic and put them all together in a pan. Add the washed mushrooms without the root part and the peeled chestnuts, reserving 1 chestnut per person, to finish the plating.
– Cover with water only up to half of the vegetables. Add the salt.
– Cook for about 25 minutes, make sure the pumpkin is cooked.
– Swipe with the magic wand or the food processor. If you think it is too thick, add water to get the texture you like.
– Bring it back to the heat adding the spinach previously prepared. Cook for another 5 minutes.
– Serve the soup, sprinkling with the reserved chestnut, broken into small pieces.