hide your WhatsApp account
If you want to hide your unwanted contacts from your WhatsApp account, you need to turn off the ability to block this messenger. Blocking a contact in WhatsApp assures you that the contact will no longer be able to message you or view updates from you.
Follow these steps to block your unwanted WhatsApp contacts:
Block contacts on iPhone
1. First, open the WhatsApp app and click on the Settings option in the lower right corner of the screen.
If WhatsApp opens on a chat page, first tap the Back button in the upper left corner of the screen.
2. At the top of the page, find the Account option and click on it.
3. In the new window that opens, click on Privacy.
4. Tap the Blocked option near the bottom of the Privacy page to see a list of WhatsApp blocks.
5. Click Add New at the top of this page. If you have already blocked a contact, Add New will appear at the bottom of the contact name.
6. Now select a contact to block to add to this list.
Block contacts on Android
1. First, open the WhatsApp application and click on the three-dot icon in the upper right corner of the WhatsApp home screen. Once the menu opens, tap Settings from the available options.
2. Select the Account option at the top of the settings page and click on Privacy in the new page that opens.
3. Now tap Blocked contacts near the bottom of the Privacy page and under the Messaging section to see the list of blocked.
Click the Add icon in the upper right corner of the screen to display the contact list to add.
5. Now tap on the name you want to block to be added to your WhatsApp block list immediately.