UIAA is the governing physique for creating and implementing guidelines of ice mountaineering and all different particular person our bodies who organise ice mountaineering competitors, need to comply with the identical. A few of the guidelines of the game are as follows −
Earlier than the Ascent
- The climber needs to be tied with a rope that’s 8 in form and likewise with a cease rope.
- Anticipate the belayer to be prepared earlier than the beginning of the match.
- Anticipate the decide to be prepared.
- The place of the 2 axes must be on the beginning space which is marked with blue color on a maintain.
- Pre-clipping of the primary fast draw have to be finished.
- As quickly as one of many axes leaves the beginning space, stopwatch will get began.
Through the Ascent
- On the time of route preview, the mountaineering interval is introduced to all of the taking part athletes upfront. This era is determined by the chief decide of the event and the chief route settler.
- Each rider has the correct to ask the referee about his remaining time of ascent.
- It’s the decide in control of the route who broadcasts the final minute of the game.
- Sure boundary traces are drawn in crimson color. If an athlete crosses that crimson line then he/she shall be disqualified from the game.
Finish of the Ascent
A rider’s ascent involves an finish within the following circumstances −
- Lapse of official time
- Fall of the rider
- Touching of the boundary line by the athlete
- If a climber fails to clip the short attracts in sequence
- If a rider touches the bottom after his/her ascent
- If the climber makes use of every other aiding gadgets to help his mountaineering aside from his hand, legs, axe or arm.
- If an athlete fails to put on any obligatory security gear as prescribed by the governing our bodies.