5 tricks to unlock the phone
Now if you forget your phone password , you are actually locked out of your phone. Of course, in today’s new phones, due to features such as fingerprint scanner that considers the password as a backup, the possibility of forgetting the password is much higher. Is there a way that if you forget your Android phone password, you can recover it and access your phone again?
If you are looking for the answer to this question, join us to share 5 ways to recover a forgotten password.
Are you sure you forgot your password?
Before doing anything, we pause for a moment and make sure that you really Password Forgot your. Unlike iPhones, which use four-digit and more recently six-digit passwords, Android phones allow you to enter as many digits as you want into your phone’s PIN code.
So it is better to first remember how many digits your password is, this can help you.
1. Unlock the phone with a smart lock
Smart Lock is an Android feature that allows you to set certain conditions to bypass the security of your lock screen. To do this, you can go to Settings> Security & Location> Smart Lock.
Here you need to enter your current password and make changes to this feature. Then you can use the 5 options available to unlock your phone without the need for a password:
- Body diagnosis. If your phone senses that it is being carried by you, it will open automatically.
- Trusted places. You can unlock your phone by specifying a location and approaching it.
- Trusted devices. When you connect your phone to a secure Bluetooth device such as a fitness tracker or your car, your phone unlocks.
- Trusted face. Use face recognition technology to unlock your phone. Be aware that face recognition technology can compromise your privacy.
- Audio adaptation. When your phone hears your voice, it unlocks the screen.
If you have set one or more options before forgetting your phone password, you can easily unlock your phone through them. However, you cannot change your password or Smart Lock settings without entering your current password. However, you may still need factory settings or factory resets, but you will be able to back up everything first.
2. Use the options for Samsung Android devices
If you have a Samsung phone, we have to say that this company offers several solutions to reset the phone lock password, if you forget the password.
Use backup pins (only on older versions of Android)
If you have an older Samsung phone running Android 4.4 KitKat or older, you may have set up a backup PIN. After entering the wrong password or pattern, follow these steps:
1- If you remember the backup PIN, click on the Backup PIN option.
2. Enter your PIN code and then tap Done.
3- In this case, you will be directed to the Screen Unlock settings and you can reset the lock screen pattern.
See Find My Mobile (for all Android versions)
Samsung offers a feature for all its phones that allows you to remotely manage your mobile phone in case of loss. To do this, you need to register in your Samsung mobile phone account, and for this you must have access to the Internet or mobile data.
Follow the steps below to reset your mobile phone password through Find My Mobile:
- Open Findmymobile.samsung.com on your computer.
- Log in to your Samsung account.
- Go to the Unlock my Device option and follow the instructions.
3. Use Forgot PIN Prompt (Android 4.4 or older)
If you have an older phone running Android 4.4 KitKat or earlier, you can reset your password via the lock screen. This feature uses your Google Account and you should follow these steps:
1. Enter the wrong patterns on your lock screen until you see this message: “You have several unsuccessful attempts. Try again in 30 seconds ”
2. Tap Forget Pattern, in which case you will see a notification to enter your Google account information.
3- Enter your email address and password.
4. Now you have the option to reset the pattern on the previous page. Just tap the Sign in tab and then go to Screen Unlock settings and set a new pattern for the lock screen.
Unfortunately, Google has removed this option in modern versions of Android.
4. Try some hacking tricks
The above methods will not help you if you have not set up and enabled Smart Lock, or your phone is not old or you are not using a Samsung device. In such cases, you need to take other steps. In fact, you should hack your phone. Of course, there is no guarantee that your phone will work and if you are not careful, you may damage your phone. Therefore, go for this option only if you have no other option to unlock your phone.
Delete the PIN file with ADB
With the Android Debug Bridge (ADB) application, you can access your phone files from your computer. You can use this program to delete the file that controls the security of your phone lock screen.
This method only works if:
- USB debugging enabled on your phone. If you have not been to the Developer Options panel yet, then you have not enabled this option.
- Allow your computer to connect to your phone via ADB.
- Your phone is not encrypted. If your phone’s operating system starts with Android 6.0 Marshmallow, است Google has required all Android phones to be encrypted. Therefore, this feature will not work on newer devices.
If your phone has these conditions, you can unlock your phone by following these steps.
1. Connect your phone to the computer via USB cable.
2. Open the Command Prompt window in the ADB installation directory.
3. Type adb shell rm /data/system/gesture.key and press Enter.
4. Reboot your phone. After that, your screen lock should be unlocked.
5. This is a temporary situation, so reset your PIN or pattern lock before rebooting.
Remove the lock screen
This method is for encrypted devices that run Android 5.0 to 5.1. Therefore, this method is only suitable for a small subset of phones, but it is worth trying.
To break or remove the lock screen and access the phone again, follow these steps:
1. Tap Emergency Call on the phone lock screen.
2. Enter 10 stars using the dialer
3. Highlight the text by double-tapping and select Copy.
4. Paste the selected characters next to the original copied characters.
5. Continue this process of adding more characters to the password space until you can double-tap the characters to highlight them.
6. Open the camera shortcut and drag down the Notifications section.
7. Tap the settings icon where you will be asked to enter the password.
8. Hold down the input field and then select Paste. Then repeat this process several times to copy and paste more characters.
9. Finally, the lock screen disappears and you will be allowed access to the device.
5. Factory reset your Android phone
If none of the above works, you will need to perform a factory reset, ie return the phone to factory settings. Of course, doing so will clear all your phone data. If you are registered in a Google account and have backed up your phone, you can go to the same account after resetting the phone and restore a lot of your information.
Since your phone is locked, you must use another method to perform this factory reset. The easiest way is to use Google’s Find My Device website. As long as this feature is enabled on your phone, you can reset your phone by clicking the Erase Device option.
If you do not use this method, you must perform a factory reset manually. to do this:
1. Turn off your phone.
2. After the phone screen is completely black, press and hold the power and volume down buttons at the same time until the Android bootloader menu pops up. This key combination may vary from phone to phone.
3. Press the volume down key twice to highlight the Recovery Mode option, then press the power button to select it.
4. Hold down the power button and press the volume up button once to enter recovery mode.
5. Use the volume buttons to go to the Wipe data / Factory Reset option. Follow the steps to perform a factory reset.
6. After the device reboots, follow the steps again. After a while, you will be notified to go to your Google account to recover the backed up data.
How to prevent your phone from being locked in the future
The methods mentioned here will help you to log in to your Android phone again, but they will not help you to remember your password for the next login. If you do not want to go through these steps again, we recommend that you take the necessary precautions so that you do not forget your password in the future.
And how to remember your Android phone password in the future:
- Make a physical copy of your password and put it somewhere to access it.
- Use strong passwords and remember them. Do not try to use simple and clear passwords for the convenience of your work.
- Be sure to log in to your Google Account (or Samsung account) and enable at least one Smart Lock option.
- Back up your Android data to make things easier for you if you have to use the factory reset option.