Unlike the rest of the interviews, informational interviews are conducted not to select candidates or offer jobs. It is scheduled from the candidate’s end by requesting for an interview with the HR of a company, so that he can understand details like the working environment, current processes, job responsibilities, etc.
- The candidates get a clear idea on what the company wants of its employees.
- An information interview reduces the problem of wasting time with unqualified candidates or unsuitable workplace.
- Informational interviews are not about hiring and not about a specific job.
- Difficult to schedule, as it depends on the interviewer’s availability.
- A potential candidate might ask questions about the company or the industry, however, the interviewer is at his discretion to either answer or pass a question.