Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) is a web browser developed by Microsoft. It is part of the Internet Explorer web browser series and is designed to provide a secure and enhanced browsing experience for users. IE11 was released in 2013 and is compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 operating systems.
Key features of Internet Explorer 11 include:
- Security Enhancements: IE11 includes various security features and enhancements to protect users from malicious websites, malware, and other online threats. It incorporates SmartScreen Filter, which helps detect and block known malicious websites, and Enhanced Protected Mode, which provides additional security by isolating browser processes.
- Improved Touch Experience: IE11 is optimized for touch-enabled devices, such as tablets and touchscreen laptops. It supports multi-touch gestures and provides a touch-friendly interface for intuitive browsing and navigation.
- Reading View: IE11 introduced a Reading View feature that allows users to focus on the main content of a web page by removing distractions, such as ads and sidebars. This feature improves readability and provides a clutter-free reading experience.
- Tab Management and Syncing: The browser offers features for managing multiple tabs, including tab previews, tab grouping, and the ability to reopen closed tabs. It also supports syncing of bookmarks, browsing history, and other settings across devices using a Microsoft account.
- Enterprise Features: IE11 includes features tailored for enterprise environments, such as improved compatibility modes for older web applications, group policy management, and integration with Windows security and management tools.
It’s important to note that Internet Explorer 11 is a legacy browser, and Microsoft has shifted focus to its newer browser, Microsoft Edge. While IE11 is still supported on certain operating systems, Microsoft recommends upgrading to Microsoft Edge for a more modern and secure browsing experience.
Internet Explorer was first introduced in 1995 as part of the Windows 95 add-on package. Before the appearance of quality and different browsers such as Firefox, Internet Explorer always had the highest usage rate among other browsers, but with the entry of Firefox and after some time Chrome into the competition field, the users’ desire to use IE decreased and Microsoft had to to pay more attention to this software and make vast improvements in it that we see in the new versions.
To use higher versions of this browser, you must use new Windows. Because new versions are not installed on old windows.
Features and features of the Internet Explorer browser:
– Optimized user interface in sync with new versions of Windows
– High page load speed
– Improved security compared to previous versions
– Proper stability even when using different tabs
– Integrated with Bing search engine
– More compatibility with various web design technologies
Tips for Internet Explorer software:
– Provided for both 32 and 64 bit editions of Windows 7 and 8.1 and Windows Server 2008R2 and 2012R2.
– Version 11 is not provided for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012.
– Updates are final and are installed as offline updates; To install this version on Windows 7 and 2008R2, version 11.0, which is the RTM version, must be installed.
– Updates can be received through Windows Update and online.
Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2
(RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit
(Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit
Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
There is no special point in installing Internet Explorer.
Total: 233 MB
Last Updated on July 13, 2023 by admin