NDepend is a powerful plugin with many features for the Visual Studio environment. Programmers always use various tools to improve their productivity and efficiency. .NET programmers are no exception to this rule, most .NET programmers use the integrated Visual Studio programming environment, this environment itself is one of the powerful and intelligent IDEs of Microsoft, and its outstanding advantage is its many plugins and tools. An accessory is available.
Different companies have implemented different plugins and tools for this environment. Like the Recharger plugin, NDepend is one of the most advanced plugins for Visual Studio, which is more precisely a static analyzer for .NET managed code. Static analysis means that before compiling code and in the coding environment, this plugin gives a smart suggestion to the programmer and increases its coding process, speed and efficiency.
This tool includes a range of code measurement metrics that allow you to see the dependencies of different parts of the code through color graphs and dependency matrices. This tool also has the ability to compare code snapshots and can validate the code in terms of coding rules and standards or in terms of structure and architecture. You can also write new rules through linq queries and add them to this tool, known as CQLinq. This tool has a large number of CQLinq ready by default. These rules are automatically displayed to the user in Visual Studio or can be used in continuous integration tools.
Features of NDepend plugin:
- Visualize the dependence of different pieces of code on each other through graphs and matrices
- Supports 82 different metrics or sensors including complexity index, entanglement, code test coverage percentage and…
- Use notification rules by LINQ queries called CQLinq
- Possibility to combine with famous CIs such as TeamCity and CruiseControl
- Ability to compare two different versions of an assembly
Listed in the Readme file.