PSCAD is one of the specialized software in the field of electrical engineering that is used to analyze and simulate power circuits and receive answers in various transient and stable modes. In this software, circuits can be schematically designed, simulated and executed and the answers can be analyzed. The software has a library of pre-designed and tested models that include simple passive elements, complex controllers, electric machines, devices and transmission lines, and cables. The information in this software is presented in a completely graphical environment and it is possible to draw diagrams and measure system variables at the same time. In this software, the user will be able to redesign the required models with the help of the library.
Features and specifications of PSCAD:
– Has a resistor, inductor and capacitor
– Has cross-induction coils
Availability of frequency dependent transmission lines
– Analysis and simulation of power circuits and receiving answers in various transient and stable modes
– Has voltage and current sources
– Key and circuit breaker
– Protection relays
– Designing the required models again with the help of the libraries in the program
– Diode, thyristor and GTO
– Analog and digital controllers
– Design, simulate and execute circuits schematically and analyze the answers
– DC and AC machines
– Tools and models of wind, turbines and wind governors.