PVsyst is a complete software package for studying, sizing, simulating, and analyzing PV systems. This software is designed for use by architects, engineers, and researchers and is a very useful educational tool. The program has a detailed text help menu that explains the methods and models used and offers a user-friendly approach to help develop a project. PVsyst is able to import meteorological data from various sources and personal information.
Features and specifications of PVsyst software:
- Specify the desired power or available area
- Select PV module from the internal database
- Select inverter from the internal database
- Propose an array and system configuration for a preliminary simulation
- Show I / V curve of PV array, along with MPPT range, voltage, power, and current inverting constraints
- View the annual power distribution of the array
- Provide specialized tools for assessing wiring damage (and other losses such as module quality), module incompatibility, thermal behavior due to mechanical installation, system unavailability, and…
- Total MWh / y energy production to evaluate the profitability of the PV system
- Specific energy kWh / kWp of production index based on available radiation (location and orientation)
- Demonstrate the main energy and gains/losses caught in the simulation
- A powerful tool for fast analysis of system behavior and potential design improvements
- Direct search for a location using Google Maps
- Calculate the electrical circuit at the input of each inverter
- Improved project management: parameter access, copy, template
- Tools for parameter optimization
All Windows client versions currently supported by Microsoft: Windows 8, Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)
Up-to-date Windows 7 systems
Other OS like MAC OS X (see here) and LINUX are supported through the use of a virtual machine running Windows (VirtualBox successfully tested).
OS not supported:
Windows servers, Application servers (Citrix, XenDesktop, XenApp,…)
At least 1 GB of RAM
At least 1 GB of free hard drive space
Minimal screen resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels
.NET 4.5 framework (installed by Windows Update)
Graphics card supporting OpenGL 2.0 or higher
PVsyst workspace does not support shared or remotely synced drives/folders (including OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc…). Files and workspaces can be synced as a separate task, once PVsyst has been closed.
After installation, copy and replace the file in the Crack folder in the program installation location.