- Siemens Simcenter FloTHERM is a thermal simulation software developed by Siemens Digital Industries Software. It is used to simulate the thermal behavior of electronic components and systems.
- FloTHERM is a powerful and versatile software that can be used to simulate a wide range of thermal problems, such as:
- Heat transfer: FloTHERM can be used to simulate heat transfer in electronic components and systems. This includes conduction, convection, and radiation.
- Flow: FloTHERM can be used to simulate the flow of fluids in electronic components and systems. This includes air, liquids, and gases.
- Component cooling: FloTHERM can be used to simulate the cooling of electronic components. This includes natural convection, forced convection, and heat sinks.
- System cooling: FloTHERM can be used to simulate the cooling of electronic systems. This includes cabinet cooling, board cooling, and chip cooling.
FloTHERM is a commercial software, and there are different pricing plans available for individuals and businesses.
Here are some of the pros and cons of Siemens Simcenter FloTHERM:
- Powerful and versatile: FloTHERM is a powerful and versatile software that can be used to simulate a wide range of thermal problems.
- Accurate results: FloTHERM is able to provide accurate results for thermal problems. This can help engineers to improve the design and performance of electronic components and systems.
- User-friendly: FloTHERM is user-friendly, so it is easy to learn and use.
- Wide range of features: FloTHERM includes a wide range of features, which makes it a powerful tool for thermal simulation.
- Cost: FloTHERM is a commercial software, and the pricing can be expensive for some users.
- Complexity: FloTHERM can be complex to learn and use, especially for beginners.
- Not as widely used as other thermal simulation software: FloTHERM is not as widely used as some other thermal simulation software, such as ANSYS Fluent and COMSOL Multiphysics. This can make it difficult to find help and support for FloTHERM.
Overall, Siemens Simcenter FloTHERM is a powerful and versatile thermal simulation software. It is a good option for engineers who are looking for a software that can be used to simulate a wide range of thermal problems. However, it can be expensive and complex, so it may not be the best choice for all users.
FloTHERM a product of Mentor Graphics, which was recently owned by the company Siemens and is released as part of the Simcenter collection; This software is in the field of simulating the cooling system of electronic parts in the industry. This software is able to provide the most comprehensive cooling solutions for electronic components in products to help you in development and more productivity. In fact, the product in front of you using advanced CFD techniques is able to predict air flow, temperature and heat transfer in different components and parts of your product and multiply the efficiency of your products by providing efficient solutions.
The creators of this software also claim that the product in front of you is the best industry solution for analyzing cooling systems around the world. In systems and data centers, the issue of heat and its control is considered one of the most important issues. The software in front of you allows engineers to easily focus on the analysis they want and get the best results. It should be noted that the product in front of you is a combination of popular MCAD and EDA tools.
Benefiting from features such as importing different models and XML documents for analysis and processing along with accurate automatic results will save your work time. On the other hand, due to the optimality of this software as well as the capabilities of DoE, it will make it possible and easier for you to achieve the results. You can always create a new project, edit and reuse previous projects.
Features and features of FloTHERM software:
- Very convenient and simple workflow for the user with the combination of MCAD and EDA tools
- It has provided the ability to use intelligent and advanced thermal models
- The existence of extensive information and resources in order to reduce the user’s working time in using this software
- Benefiting from the ability to create smart macro models (SmartParts)
- Better and simpler management with drag-and-drop functionality
- Using the right solution for drawing and manipulating your models (similar style to CAD)
Flo THERM System Requirements
Windows 10 (Pro and Enterprise editions)
Windows 8 and 8.1 (Core, Pro and Enterprise editions)
Windows 7 (Business, Enterprise and Ultimate editions)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 – requires installation of 32-bit compatibility libraries: glibc, libXext, libXtst, libstdc++ and libXt
It is given in the Readme file in the Crack folder.
The Suite version includes both Flo THERM and Flo THERM PCB software.
Last Updated on July 16, 2023 by admin