TEA TREE OIL FOR HAIR
Hair loss is any woman’s worst nightmare. However, growing your hair can be challenging, and being surrounded by people whose hair grows at the speed of light won’t help. What if I told you this isn’t necessarily that difficult? There are ways you can return your hair to its former glory.
I want to be honest with you and say that there is no magic solution that can give you thick and long hair overnight. However, there are treatments that can help stimulate hair re-growth and increase the speed of your hair growth.
Tea tree oil has become very popular as one of these remedies. But before we get into the basics of how it works, let’s take a look at what tea tree oil is.
ALSO READ: LAVENDER OIL FOR HAIR GROWTH
WHAT IS TEA TREE OIL?
Tea tree oil is an essential oil extracted from the tea tree plant. It is native to Australia and has strong antimicrobial properties that make it a popular drug for treating skin and scalp problems. It is often used in cosmetics such as shampoo and conditioner and to treat problems such as dandruff and acne .
HOW DOES TEA TREE OIL INCREASE HAIR GROWTH?
This oil improves blood circulation, which helps flush out toxins and revitalizes dormant hair follicles. Its antiseptic, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties ensure that your hair remains healthy and clean. Improving scalp health makes the follicles more receptive to nutrients and the open pores help increase hair growth without hindrance.
IS TEA TREE OIL EFFECTIVE FOR OILY HAIR?
Yes that’s right! This essential oil for oily hair helps open pores and calm overly inflamed sebaceous glands. Hair loss is usually a direct result of clogged follicles and scalp irritation. Also with its antimicrobial properties, it improves the health of the scalp as a whole.
Related article: Benefits of lemon 25 properties for skin, hair and fitness
HOW TO USE TEA TREE OIL FOR HAIR GROWTH?
This oil can be used to improve hair growth on dry and oily hair . You can add different ingredients to this essential oil to get a perfect solution for your head hair growth. One of the best ways to use tea tree oil is to mix it with other carrier oils.
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to use tea tree oil to stop hair loss and increase hair growth.
USE TEA TREE OIL WITH A CARRIER OIL FOR HAIR GROWTH
This oil must be diluted before using it. By combining a few drops of this essential oil with your usual hair oil, you can create a hair growth solution that promotes healthy scalp. While this oil promotes new hair growth, the carrier oils help nourish the hair follicles. If you already know the effective oils for your hair, this can be helpful. If not, keep reading to find out which oils are best for your hair type.
What you will need:
- 2 tablespoons of each carrier oil
- 10 drops of tea tree oil
- mixing bowl
- warm towel
How to use it?
- Mix the carrier oil with the tea tree oil in a bowl.
- Heat the oil mixture until it warms up a little. Do not use the microwave as it may cause the nutrients to be lost. Alternatively, place the bowl containing the oil mixture into a larger bowl containing hot water.
- Divide your hair into several sections and apply the hot oil to the scalp along the length of your hair.
- When the scalp is completely covered with the oil, massage it for 10 minutes.
- Wrap a warm, damp towel around your head. This will create a warm environment that will help open and open your follicles.
- Leave the towel on your head for 20 minutes and then wash off the oil with shampoo and conditioner.
- If you like, you can leave the oil on your hair overnight.
How many times?
Since washing your hair too often can harm the health of your hair, it is recommended that you do not use hot oil on your hair more than 3 times a week. Oily hair types can use lighter oils such as jojoba or olive.
- Do not overheat the oil as it may lose its nutrients and may also burn your scalp.
- It is perfectly normal for your scalp to feel a slight tingling during and after this treatment.
SUITABLE COMBINATIONS OF TEA TREE OIL FOR HAIR GROWTH
|olive oil||jojoba oil|
|Castor oil||Coconut Oil|
|Almond oil||Lavender oil|
|Rosemary oil||aloe vera|
|Apple cider vinegar||shampoo|
Because everyone’s hair is different, what works for one person may not work for you. However, choosing a carrier oil for your hair type is very easy. In fact, there are many oils suitable for any type of hair; Whether it is oily, dry or mixed.
OTHER BENEFITS OF USING TEA TREE OIL ON YOUR HAIR
- Tea tree oil is an effective treatment for dandruff and lice. If you have a lice problem, tea tree shampoo will make it much easier to deal with.
- It treats dry and oily scalp and restores the pH levels of your scalp to normal.
- Relieves itching and burning.
CAN YOU APPLY TEA TREE OIL DIRECTLY TO YOUR HAIR?
While a few drops of it can be applied directly to the scalp, using it directly on your hair is a waste. A very small amount of this essential oil has many benefits, so it is recommended to dilute it with other carrier oils before using it on your hair.
HOW LONG CAN YOU PUT IT ON YOUR HAIR?
This oil, when used in small amounts and in combination with other oils, can stay on hair overnight as a deep conditioner treatment. However, when used alone as a scalp treatment, it is best to wash it off within an hour to avoid potential irritation.
Remember that hair loss is not the end of the world. There are ways to treat hair loss, and tea tree oil is one of the most effective treatments. Follow these natural hair growth remedies to thicken your hair and keep it healthy.