The security update for Samsung Galaxy products increased to 4 years after its initial unveiling. Below you can see the list of Galaxy devices including the upgrade period.
Company Samsung Electronics has announced the Galaxy series of products the company for at least four years after the initial launch, regular updates will receive the security. By extending this security support, Samsung will actually reassure users about protecting their data throughout the life of their Galaxy devices.
Increasing the security update period of Samsung Galaxy products
Vanguard of security in the field of mobile
Samsung is proud to provide unparalleled security to its users using the Samsung Knox. Knox is actually an advanced security platform equipped with the latest technologies such as the most powerful mobile security chip, Secure Element (eSE). This chip is a secure processor that protects your device from physical attacks. The recently introduced Knox Vault feature will also add a new layer of security to Samsung Galaxy products. As one of the few companies that designs and manufactures its products, whether in hardware or software, Samsung provides complete protection and point-by-point protection in all products from the moment of unveiling to the moment of retirement of that product.
“Our main priority at Samsung is to provide the best and most secure mobile experience to our users, and we are constantly working to improve the security of our products and services,” said Seonwon Shen, Samsung Mobile Security Team Manager.
He added that mobile products play such an important role in our lives that we always rely on them naturally. For this reason, and using the latest technologies, we are committed to improving the security of our Galaxy products even for a longer period of time so that everything that needs security is kept in complete security.
Provide security in more than 130 models
Samsung has made significant strides over the past decade in optimizing and accelerating its security updates. Working closely with its operating system and chipset partners, as well as with more than 200 mobile operators around the world, the company has been able to ensure that billions of Galaxy products receive their security packages on time. Samsung remains committed to providing security packages in the shortest possible time to always be one step ahead and keep its users safe.
Collective approach to mobile security
Samsung believes that a collaborative and open approach is an important part of delivering the best mobile experience that people will trust. Samsung has worked closely with more than a thousand partners to establish security standards for all Android devices. The ongoing security update program, which began in 2015, is one of those standards that, in collaboration with the Security Research Society, ensures that users always have the most secure mobile experience possible.
Galaxy devices include extended upgrades include:
- Galaxy series clamshell phones: Fold, Fold 5G, Z Fold2, Z Fold2 5G, Z Flip, Z Flip 5G
- Galaxy S Series: S10, S10 +, S10e, S10 5G, S10 Lite, S20, S20 5G, S20 +, S20 + 5G, S20 Ultra, S20 Ultra 5G, S20 FE, S20 FE 5G, S21 5G, S21 + 5G, S21 Ultra 5G
- Series Galaxy Note: Note10, Note10 5G, Note10 +, Note10 + 5G, Note10 Lite, Note20, Note20 5G, Note20 Ultra, Note20 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy E Series: A10, A10e, A10s, A20, A20s, A30, A30s, A40, A50, A50s, A60, A70, A70s, A80, A90 5G, A11, A21, A21s, A31, A41, A51, A51 5G, A71, A71 5G, A02s, A12, A32 5G, A42 5G
- Galaxy M Series: M10s, M20, M30, M30s, M40, M11, M12, M21, M31, M31s, M51
- Galaxy XCover Series: XCover4s, XCover FieldPro, XCover Pro
- Galaxy Tab Series: Tab Active Pro, Tab Active3, Tab A 8 (2019), Tab A with S Pen, Tab A 8.4 (2020), Tab A7, Tab S5e, Tab S6, Tab S6 5G, Tab S6 Lite, Tab S7 , Tab S7 +