Testing React with Jest and React Testing Library (RTL) is the name of the training course for testing React applications with Jest and React Testing Library (RTL), published by Udemy Academy. The React Testing Library has become a very popular choice for testing applications written with React, and for good reason! This comprehensive and detailed course provides a solid foundation for testing React applications. The React Testing Library has a well-known opinion on testing best practices and is written to encourage these best practices. This course teaches:
- Test behavior relative to test execution
- Tests that interact with your application the way a user would interact
- Find elements by accessibility categories, to ensure that your code is as accessible as possible
These tutorials start with very simple examples (clicking a button to change its color) and then move on to more complex experimental concepts, such as:
- Testing asynchronous page changes
- Simulating data from a server using Mock Service Worker
- Use the context provider for a component when rendering
This course builds progressively to complex concepts in a way that is designed to support your learning and ensure your success. You’ll also have plenty of opportunities to practice what you’ve learned. The course offers “code quizzes” as you build course projects, where you can apply what you’ve learned and then watch a video to see the solution.
The final part (optional) provides even more exercises to complete the second program and reinforce the concepts of the course. Optional React lectures: Any significant React code covered in this course is covered in separate lectures. Students have a choice: those who want to brush up on their React skills (or learn new skills!) can watch those lectures, while students who are confident in their React skills can skip them.
Who is this course suitable for?
- Coders who want to learn how to write functional tests for their applications, React Engineers
- React apps that want to be sure that writing code doesn’t break existing behavior (test, for the win!)
What you will learn in the Testing React with Jest and React Testing Library (RTL) course:
- Testing simple and complex React applications with the React test library
- React Testing Best Practices: How to test behavior instead of implementation
- Make the most of Jest Watch mode, including running only one file or test at a time
- Common errors returned by the Testing Library and how to correct them
- Publisher: Udemy
- Instructor: Bonnie Schulkin
- English language
- Training level: introductory to advanced
- Number of courses: 95
- Training duration: 7 hours 49 minutes
The headings of the Testing React with Jest and React Testing Library (RTL) course:
Testing React Course prerequisites:
- Basic experience with React
- Familiarity with React hooks and context (these are explained briefly in optional React portions of the course; however previous experience would be helpful)
Installation guide :
After extracting, watch with your favorite player.