The Complete SSL and TLS Guide 2022: HTTP to HTTPS is the name of the complete SSL and TLS protocol training course published by Udemy Academy. This course is all about securing websites with SSL/TLS certificates. Master HTTPS, Let’s Encrypt, Cloudflare, NGINX, and SSL/TLS certificates.
This is the most complete hands-on SSL guide here on Udemy, featuring thousands of hands-on activities. All exercises are done on real domains and hosts, and at the end of the course, you will learn how to set up HTTPS and change the path from HTTP to HTTPS. If you don’t have knowledge about computer networks, encryption, web server configuration, don’t worry! Everything is taught from scratch, from a simple setup to a complex solution. If you want to gain a thorough knowledge of SSL and HTTPS, this course is for you!
We will begin by reviewing the basics of symmetric encryption algorithms such as AES, RSA asymmetric encryption, MD5 and SHA hash protocols. I will also explain the basics of computer networks and TCP/IP concepts to you, and we will use Wireshark traffic analyzer for that.
You will learn what the SSL/TLS certificate structure is. You will also understand why CA (Certificate Authorities) are needed and how the chain of trust is created.
In the practice sections, we will do several practice activities:
- Buy a domain and configure DNS settings
- Use ACME’s Certbot client to automatically obtain a free SSL certificate from Let’s Encrypt
- Generate RSA keys, self-signed certificates with OpenSSL
- Secure WordPress with Apache using SSL/TLS certificates
- Generate CSR (Certificate Signing Request) by OpenSSL and send CSR to server
- Configure the Cloudflare CA for your domain and set different SSL operation modes
- Install and configure NGINX web server for SSL/TLS certificates
- Migrate from HTTP to HTTPS
- Redirect all traffic from HTTP to HTTPS using HTTP 301
After completing the course, you will be a master of SSL and TLS encryption and can easily obtain and install SSL certificates on your web servers.
Who is this course suitable for?
- Website owners
- DevOps Engineers
- Web developers
- Network engineers
What you will learn in The Complete SSL and TLS Guide 2022: HTTP to HTTPS course:
- Learn how to install an SSL/TLS certificate on a web server
- What is the difference between HTTP and HTTPS?
- What is a CA (Certificate Authority) and how is the chain of trust established?
- Let’s see how the TLS certificate is structured (subject name, issuer name, validity period, signature, etc.).
- Get free 90-day certificates from Let’s Encrypt
- Cloudflare reverse proxy with free SSL certificates
- CSR (Certificate Signing Request), domain validation and certificate installation
- Install and configure NGINX web server for SSL/TLS encryption
Instructor: Bogdan Stashchuk
Education level: introductory to advanced
Number of lessons: 112
Duration of education: 10 hours 55 minutes
Course headings The Complete SSL and TLS Guide 2022: HTTP to HTTPS:
The Complete SSL and TLS Guide Course prerequisites:
- Basic computer knowledge
- Any computer (Mac or PC)
The Complete SSL and TLS Guide Course pictures:
After Extract, view with your desired Player.