Oracle’s virtual machine software called VirtualBox is the best free virtualization software; The history of this program begins with the German company Innotek in 2007, and after the acquisition of this company by Sun Microsystems, this software was offered under the name of Sun VirtualBox.
Finally, and since there is a lot of hand over hand, Sun company was bought by Oracle company and since then this software is provided under the supervision of this company under the name of Oracle VM VirtualBox. Using this software, you can easily install another operating system inside your operating system. In fact, this software plays the role of a communicator between the host operating system – on which the program is installed – and the guest operating system – which is installed inside the program.
Features and features of VirtualBox software:
– Small and lightweight compared to similar software
– Ability to host 64-bit operating systems (support for Intel VT-x and AMD-V)
– Creating a network connection between the host and guest operating systems and the possibility of transferring files between them
– Folder sharing between guest and host operating systems
– Easy mouse and keyboard movement between installed and host operating systems
– The possibility of taking a snapshot from the operating system and restoring it at the desired time
– Using images or CDs for the operating system
– Support for USB ports and drivers installed on the host operating system
– Command line support
The add-on package adds the following features to the program:
– Support for the second version of USB
– RDB (Remote Desktop Protocol) support for remote management
– PXE (Preboot Execution Environment) support for Intel cards
This program is included in the list of banned software and cannot be downloaded with Iranian IPs .
Tips for the VirtualBox program:
– Only the Windows version is placed, and if there is a request, the Linux and Mac versions are also added.
– Powerful hardware is required to install multiple operating systems as well as 64-bit versions.
– Installing any operating system requires allocating some disk capacity; For better maintenance and not occupying the drive space of the host operating system, it is better to put the storage location on another drive.
– There is no special method to install the plugins package and it is installed after installing the program and by running its file.
– This program will be very useful for teaching and learning all kinds of computer networks.
Reasonably powerful x86 hardware . Any recent Intel or AMD processor should do
Memory: Depending on what guest operating systems you want to run, you will need at least 512 MB of RAM (but probably more, and the more the better). Basically, you will need whatever your host operating system needs to run comfortably, plus the amount that the guest operating system needs. So, if you want to run Windows XP on Windows XP, you probably won’t enjoy the experience much with less than 1 GB of RAM. If you want to try out Windows Vista in a guest, it will refuse to install if it is given less than 512 MB RAM, so you’ll need that for the guest alone, plus the memory your operating system normally needs
Hard disk space: While VirtualBox itself is very lean (a typical installation will only need about 30 MB of hard disk space), the virtual machines will require fairly huge files on disk to represent their own hard disk storage. So, to install Windows XP, for example, you will need a file that will easily grow to several GB in size
A supported host operating system . Currently, we support Windows (XP and later), many Linux distributions, Mac OS X, Solaris and OpenSolaris
A supported guest operating system. up-to-date information is available at Status: Guest OSes
This software is free and has no time or structure restrictions.