On this chapter, we are going to study concerning the User Roles in WordPress. Each user has their very own function in WordPress. Roles are like permissions given to a specific user to entry the WordPress website. These roles might be allotted solely by the Admin.
Listed below are few pre-defined roles accessible in WordPress −
- Administrator − The Administrator has all of the rights. An Admin can do something and every part on the WordPress website reminiscent of creating extra admins, inviting extra customers and in addition eradicating them.
- Editor − The Editor has entry to all of the posts, pages, feedback, classes, tags, and hyperlinks. They’ll create, publish, edit or delete any posts or pages.
- Creator − The Creator can solely write posts, add footage, edit, and publish their very own posts.
- Contributor − The Contributor can solely write and edit their posts till printed. They’ll create their very own posts and pages however can not publish them. They can not add photographs or recordsdata however can see your website’s standing. Once they need to publish any submit, it have to be first notified personally to the administrator for evaluate. When the submit is permitted, the contributor can not make any modifications as soon as printed.
- Follower − The Follower can solely learn and touch upon the posts. Followers are those who’ve signed in to your account to obtain updates.
- Viewer − Viewers can solely view your posts; they can’t edit however can solely touch upon the posts.
See Also WordPress Customize Plugins